is it okay to puree everything that goes in my babies mouth???not good with textures

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is your baby? I'd say yes to a certain point. Obviously you don't want a toddler still eating pureed food. My DD is 10 months old and still eats mostly pureed foods because texture makes her gag. I'm just slowly introducing things to get her used to it. She can now chunks of cooked apple, hard boiled egg yolk cut into pieces, banana, and Gerber puffs. Each kid is different and some have trouble with solids so don't feel pressured to have your baby eating finger foods by a certain point. Just follow your baby's lead.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 10:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• how old is your baby? How long has your baby been on solids? It won't hurt to puree everything but a time will come when your baby will want to feed him/herself so if you get them used to texture early, you'll be ready for finger foods when baby decides that he/she will no longer accept a spoon.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my son is 2 years old and we still have to puree everything. Also not good with textures. We are hoping he outgrows this. Your child has to eat right? so yeah i think its ok. we do try to crunch up graham crackers is his yogurt to give it some texture.
    michiganmommy11

Answer by michiganmommy11 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my baby is 11 months almost a yr old he doesnt even like to eat cookies or fruit puffs.so i puree everyhthing he ga gs throws up with new textures.but i will i take his lead then and just wait until this stage is over
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009