pullups...what to get

i may already know the answer to this but as far as pullups go, are there different brands? what do you like best? we're getting pretty heavy into potty training as we used it for the first time yesterday and i'm not wanting to use diapers, too much hassle. so the question is, what should i get?

m4m4

Asked by m4m4 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pullups are actually the Huggies brand, which is what we use for our daughter. Pampers makes Easyups. I am sure other brands make some too but those are the ones I know of, I personally like Pullups by Huggies, they use sort of a velcro so if you need to open them up it is easy to andyou can reclose them as well. I also find that the sizes fit better than the Pampers brand of easyups, which is funny because for regular diapers I HATED Huggies and only used Pampers. Good Luck!!
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 11:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If you have a Krogers near you use their brand they are made by huggies and are cheaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• There are quite a few brands and there are two types of Huggies Pullups - ones with designs that fade when wet and ones that get cold for a few seconds after getting wet.

My daughter treats them just like diapers. The "cold sensation" didn't slow her down at all so I never bought them again, just the type with designs. In general, I kept her naked or in panties when home since she used the pullups just like a diaper. I only use the pullups when we go out for long periods of time or to places with unknown bathrooms.

Just remember that it may be years before she will ask to go to the bathroom or just go on her own. Even if she stays accident free for weeks, keep taking her on a schedule or when she starts to "dance". It's normal for kids to say "no" if you ask if they need to go, so don't ask and don't expect her to tell you. Just take her.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My daughter did not respond to Pull ups at all. She treated them just like a diaper, pooped and peed in them no matter how hard I tried. They were so exspensive I put her in diapers at night for awhile. Eventually, she was almost three so I told her she was a big girl and would no longer have any type of diaper big kid or little kid, and if she chose not to use the toilet she would be wet and have to change all her clothes. We have had one accident in one year, and am very proud to say I have a 3 and half year old who even wipes her own butt and dresses herself! She get's a pull up at night, but usually it's dry in the morning. She gets up at night to go potty.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009