• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone not given their baby juice at all?

They don't really need it right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have and mine needed it. We started giving it due to constipation per the pedis orders. Prune juice. She won't touch it now.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I never did. They don't need it, except in cases like the previous poster mentioned.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 11:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I only use juice to make his infant cereal. My son never gets juice besides that though. No they don't NEED juice.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't give it. Just sugar and calories.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Not at this age. I give juice later, and like an above post I do use it to make the cereal, after the baby has tried fruits of course. I think it is a nice change to milk and cereal and it makes like a new baby food for them to try...other than that it really isn't beneficial. Maybe around a year I will give diluted juice in a cup but only after the bottle is totally gone.
    Lovemybabies885

Answer by Lovemybabies885 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• As you said there is no reason to give a child juice. It takes away from needed nutrition and it is SUGAR. My guy didn't get juice until 3 yrs old per doctor recommendation. New school doctors tend to tell you to stay far away from juice until well into toddlerhood.

Anonymous

• My son has had some just this week. He's been sick and on a bottle strike for the past week... only wants to breastfeed (which is fine when I'm not at work) He was starting to get dehydrated so we gave half strength juice and pedialyte while I was at work because he would take that for some reason... but not my milk.
    I don't want him to drink much juice though... I would rather he eat fruit and veges
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I didn't give my little girl juice until around 16-17 months.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I gave it once for constipation per doctor's suggestion. I won't give it for any other reason until he's over 1.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 2:05 PM on Mar. 1, 2009