What is your.............

Level of education and how do would you say it plays into your political decisions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• college grad. and it has helped my reading comprehension level greatly, so I can pick out information and understand it enough to form my own opinion on things that are going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have a masters and he has help me work with people from different walks of life. It has help me understand that people do not choose to be poor or be mentally ill, or be abuse. So I vote for the party that at least attempts to help those in need. not the one all about corporations and only care about those who where lucky never to have had any problems/trauma/illness in their life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have 2 Degrees. I am working towards my Masters.
    My political decisions are a combination of my Education, Personal, and Business Experience. I would say education taught me moreso how to approach research and develop a solid view. But the college level philosophy courses were my most intriguing and thought provoking courses beyond my core curriculum.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

i really like this answer!!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I graduated HS, went to cosmetology school (never got licensed) and went to business school. Never worked anywhere where that education was needed. I base my political decisions on common sense, something that seems to be lacking these days by our politicians.
    JanMarie225

Answer by JanMarie225 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have a Bachelor's degree and a JD (Juris Doctor, law degree). It has played heavily into my political leanings. I research everything and everyone before making a decision. I do not "go with my gut," I learn more and more. I do not simply follow the line of the party I tend to affiliate with. I can see good points on both sides of the aisle and bad points. I make myself continue to keep learning rather than just saying "I'm going to vote for this guy because I always vote for this party." The more education I receive, the more I think things through to a conclusion. My level of education has also led me to educate myself more on ALL of the issues and not vote just based on one idea or issue. Therefore, while I tend to lean conservative on many issues (family values, illegal immigration and such), I tend to vote Democratic because, IMO, the democrats have a better plan of action on EXTREMELY important issues to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I am a high school drop out, tenth grade education (Not by choice, had a choice of school and sleep on the streets or working full time)
    Just because I dropped out doesnt mean I am uneducated and dont read up on everything. I am very book smart as well as street smart.
    I love the love of family values like the republican party, but the love of social awareness and issues of the democrats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Master's. I am a Republican. While in college I was a Democrat but changed parties once I really listened to what Democrat's were saying. I am socially more liberal but am fiscally conservative. I am smart enough to recognize we need smaller Government and return to the Constitution. Our former President a Republicrat (socially conservative but spent like a Democrat) and our current both really screwed things up for us.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I didn't finish college due to medical issues that prevented me from continuing on my chosen career, was too depressed to find a new major. I'm hoping to go back when my little ones are in school and study either law or politics. I come from a pretty intelligent family and my dad and brother are very knowledgeable about politics and history so we do a lot of talking about current events and such when we get together. I am also a voracious reader, always have been.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Occupational Therapist/ Licensed.

Plus several business classes.

10 yrs. co-owner of a business with my husband.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009