HcG levels ...

I know i've asked alot of questions about this but I cant seen to ease my mind about any of this. I had a supposed " miscarriage" and went for the ultrasound yesterday to make sure there was no cardiac activity...I went in there with my eyes closed expecting the worst. Because thats what my doctor told me! BUT the baby had a heartbeat of 154 and was growing just fine. Which according to my Hcg levels and doctor the baby had stopped growing a week ago! I've read a few places that after a baby can be detected on an ultrasound you shouldnt rely on hcg levels because they peek (at diff levels) and around 8 or 10 weeks they can come back down and stay at a certain level. Does anyone know anything about this? I'm still in shock! because i have been grieving this baby for a week now.

JmgBlair

Asked by JmgBlair at 11:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?? They do peak, but its intresting that they haven't gone up. Is he going to retest??
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 11:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'm 8 weeks. We have been retesting for a week now. They are staying at 10,000. But the babies growth is right on track. I've tried and tried finding a case like this on the internet, and have found nothing. My doctor contacted a high risk dr and he said we will just watch but if the baby is growing ok then thats a good sign. I dont want to get my hopes up. I'm on bed rest and hoping for the best.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:37 AM on Feb. 27, 2009