Choctaw WIC program in Oklahoma?

Is there anyone on this program? I have looked up their website but I am wondering what all you can get on this program verses the Oklahoma State WIC program.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 11:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have heard it supposed to be good. Ask for a comparison they should haveone. BTW How are things in your town? I am in southern Oklahoma--in Marietta
    emme1964

Answer by emme1964 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Well, I live in a very small town. So the town itself hasn't felt the crunch because there was nothing here to begin with. But the area has felt it. My dh was working with the oil patch around here. Last summer it pulled out and we started feeling it around November.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 7:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I sent you a PM!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• With the regular WIC of oklahoma you get better foods... and more variety then the regular WIC provides.
    Anonymous

• I was on the regular WIC program until my son was 2 years old, and was having to drive over 30 mins for every appt, and having to sit in their office for 2-3 hours before being seen. Then our town opened a Choctaw WIC office, and we found out you don't have to be Choctaw or have a card to be on the program, so we signed up. My son is now 5, and my 3 month old daughter is on it also. There are much better choices on Choctaw, you get more food on each voucher than you do on the regular WIC, and more variety. I'm not sure if regular WIC does this now, but on Choctaw you get vouchers for fresh fruits and vegetables, and checks for farmers markets.
    tool_mommy

Answer by tool_mommy at 9:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010