Do you think the hospital Should release Nadya Suleman's Octuplets to her or do you think that should make her prove she can care for them?

please try to be civil

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it should be up to CPS, not the hospital. If the hospital doesn't think she can care for them, they should have CPS make the determination, not arbitrarily decide on their own.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think that as long as the mom is mentally stable then the hospital doesn't have any grounds to contact CPS.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• actually it is up to the hospital because when you have a preemie you automatically get a social worker that works for the state to make sure you can care for your baby or babies in this case. these social workers make sure you have the means to take care of your baby or babies and then let the hospital know if they are aloud to release them to the parents.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

they dont contact cps they have there own worker and being mentally stable is not enough..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• She can't care for those children, or her others....someone needs to step in and do something RESPONSIBLE for those poor babies.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think CPS needs to take those children and place them with families who CAN care for them and give them the food, shelter, clothes and love that they need. Nadya Suleman has already shown she has more love for herself than she des for her children. IMO, the way she treats those children is abusive and abominable. I also believe that CPS needs to get involved with the first 6 children as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

i totally agree, before something really bad happens to one or more of them..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I've never had premature babies, so I don't know what the standards are for their release --- but I don't think the hospital should make any more demands than they would of anyone else taking home a premie.

I don't know what they're demanding she have in place... but how do they even know what she has or doesn't have? Are they sending hospital reps out to her house to take inventory? I've never heard of that happening, or that even being legal.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think that if everyone was looked at to see if they could care for their children when they got a home ALOT more kids would be in CPS custody and not home with their parents.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• you automatically get a social worker that works for the state

If the social worker is employed by the state then it is not the hospital making the decision, it is the state/CPS.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2009