Why isn't he sitting up yet?

I know all babies do things on their own time, but at 7 months my son is crawling, standing with support, trying to pull himself up to a standing postion, and even though he can pull himself up into a sitting postion he can't (or won't) stay sitting up for more than a second before toppling over. Has anyone else's baby done all these other things before sitting up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter sat unsupported (not getting in the position by herself) at 4.5 months. She didn't crawl until 9 months, roll over until 6 months or pull up until 9 months either lol.

Every baby is different. I wouldn't worry about it. He is developing, he may not have an interest in sitting.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Hmm, I have not heard of that, but Im sure its not unheard of...have you talked to the pediatrician to see what they say? It sounds like for some reason the muscle that keeps you supported when sitting isnt developing like the rest are. I would bring it up to your ped. to see what their concern is and if theres therapy to help with it?
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 12:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009