C-Section & Anxiety

I'm a little less than 3 weeks away from my 2nd c-section. When i went in for my 1st they tied my arms down which i did okay with but when the pressure started i had a major anxiety attack and they had to give me a lot more meds. This time around i don't want to do that. I remember most of it but i want to remember all of it. How did you handle the anxiety? Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• take deep breathes close your eyes and just serio9ulsy put your self some where else or have your husband sit there and just talk to you tell a joke anything to try to keep you rmind not focused on what is happening behind that curtain
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I've had 2 emergency c-sections the first they cut me straight down (stomach muscles) and all the second was across, they put me to sleep on the first 1 which was pure hell the second they strapped my arms down also hell, the pressure of them pulling her out was to much & i got sick & threw up, the anxiety was pretty bad the second time i was sitting in my room & when the nurse came in & saw how i was she gave me a shot of something i think Valium idk 4 sure but it calmed me down i think i would tell my dr how your feeling & see if they can help you b4 u go in ~ good luck dear

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My second and third really weren't that bad, They were both surprises, one was breech and the other one labor wasn't working. I don't remember feeling anything at all during the surgeries. My husband sat by my head and we talked with the anesthesiologist a little, but mostly to each other. I had an epidural with one and spinal with the other. (The first was general; the first one sucked!) With one of them I got really cold and got the shakes right after. But I was up in a few hours and walking about 12 hours later.  If you have got to have one, then you have got to have one.  I personally wouldn't be able to sign up for one, you know schedule it.  When they told me I couldn't try for another VBAC I knew I was done having kids. (Not that I wanted more than 3 anyway, but it just sealed the deal.)

Anonymous