poor eye contact

Hello, I am a mom of a beautiful 6 months old baby boy...and people start saying that he does not do a lot of eye contact...how can you messure eye contact in babies for saying that is OK or poor? I am a little worried about what people say..also i start checking his eye contact and sometimes he looks at me, and sometimes no..please let me know how you ckeck the eye contact..thank you so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• umm- he is six months old! Don't worry about it! If you are terribly worried already- the best thing you can do is ask a doctor..but your baby is only six month old! :) I find myself FRUSTERATED at the people who are even mentioning it to you! they must be REALLY bored :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 12:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son is 6 months too. He will make eye contact when he wants to but not all the time. He gets distracted easily just like any normal, healthy, growing baby. He's still just observing and learning about his environment sosometimes he just doesn't have time to look at momma! Whoever told you that he has poor eye contact probably never had a baby.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009