baby kiking the matress

hello, my baby start slepping in his tummy (by himself) I put hin on his back and he turn to his tummy but he starts kiking the matress, i think for falling sleep..Is that normal or is it something wrong?thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he falls asleep after doing that, I'd say it's normal. Some babies turn their heads from side to side, some play with their hair, some even bang their heads, so I'd think kicking was OK, too. My son also started sleeping on his belly and sometimes runs his fingernails up and down the sheet before falling asleep.
    cathianne

Answer by cathianne at 12:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No theres nothing wrong, just a type of soothing motion some babies use to get to sleep. My daughter used to kick her mattress HARD repeatedly, wouldnt cry so you know it didnt hurt her, she just did it to fall asleep.
    MamaBuggy

Answer by MamaBuggy at 12:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son always kicks the floor when he's on his tummy. I think it's just like...I dunno something to do lol. Kinda like how I always tap my fingers on the desk!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son kicks his too.... we hear at night... thump thump thump LOL
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't know what kiking is or how your child could sleep IN his tummy....interesting. I would guess it's normal though....whatever it is.

Anonymous