• In the Spotlight:

GRRRRR MY FU**ING FAMILY!!!!

Is it wrong to pack up my family and move out of state just to get away from my family? My mother comes over to my house and looks through my mail, etc...when her and my brother get together they talk crap about my hubby and me! the other day my brother hit our daughter in the face with one of those big body balls, well her head almost fell off! (not really but her head flew back) so anyway i told him not to do that again and he and my mother freaked out on me! saying im being to protective etc! sorry but she is my kid and if you dont like it then fine you dont have to see her!!! that is just one thing that has happened...they still treat me like im a little kid! i need to get out of here so i can "grow up"
so what im asking is would it be ok to move away from my family? and have you ever had this happen to you and how did you handel it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope it's not wrong to leave. I can't say I go through all that with my family and even though I miss them sometimes I'm definitely glad not to be anywhere near all the BS. You gotta do what's best for you and your kid(s). I want my son to know his family but I don't want him to have to put up with everything. I think it sucks that he won't be close with a large family like I was but at the same time I think we're both better off emotionally.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with moving if you want to do that.Whether it is to get away from your family or maybe you just want to try a new environment, like the weather better, whatever. Just make sure you are ready to take care of all the responsiblities that includes.
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 12:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I live 2000 miles away from my family and wouldn't have it any other way. =)
    serene1

Answer by serene1 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yes i want to move away so bad becuse everyone in my family is a jude on my life and try to controll everything i do and every move i make
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• That sounds like an abusive family situation to me. If you are forced to live with them then it can have long lasting damaging results on you and especially your kids! I helped a good friend of mine move out of state when nobody else knew. She was in an unhappy relationship and pregnant. If you want to do it, make it happen. If it is that important to you, you will just find a way to do it. If you have a daddy to the kids in the picture then you should probably discuss it with him as soon as you go or before... but your family has no legal rights to keep you from taking your child away, and if the situation is bad enough that it can cause your daughter harm, (which it sounds like it already has) then don't think twice about it.. Go

If you need/want help and support, PM me :)
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i dont live with my mother or brother...my mom lives about 20min away from me....and my husband wants to move as well! so where is a good state to move to with lots of jobs

thanks girls
    Anonymous

• India is doing great with job opportunities.
    Anonymous

• i love this country and would like to stay here! if i were to go out of country i would go to Germany..lol...

Anonymous

• I personally don't think you should have to move. I think you should deal with the situation as it is. Moving means YOUR paying the price for their bad behavior and its expensive. I would absolutely put my foot down or even better, have your husband do it. Set some boundaries. That means no one comes over unless invited and they live by your rules. My younger bro used to aggravate the snot out of my kids. He provoked them to anger for sure. We finally just said..hey, that needs to stop because youre getting them and yourself in trouble. He listened and even apologized. It just seems like there is a serious lack of boundaries here that need to be re set up. Good luck. I know how overbearing family can be. It took me awhile but I finally earned some respect with mine. They don't even think of crossing me now.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009