Am I being too demanding?

My husband tell me that i am being unreasonable when it comes to wanting to spend time with him at night. He is a night person, he has been out on the road for work and drives during the night. I have to be up at 4:30 in the morning for work. Its really hard for me to stay up until after midnight just to hang out with him. He says that it isn't fair that i want to spend time with him at home or when we go out and Iwant to be home by 11. How can i make him see that i want to be able spend time with him and our frinends, but i have responsibilites to y family to keep my job so support my family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Show him a picture of a clock and color in the hours of sleep you will get if you stay up and play with him. Surely he can't be that dumb to realize you do need some sleep.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• oops. to NOT realize you do need some sleep. Sorry

• Well it's definitely not easy when the two of you have conflicting schedules. But sometimes you have to make sacrifices, whether it be you or him.

lilmans_mommy

Answer by lilmans_mommy at 12:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Explain to him that if he wants to you be able to spend time with him at night, you need to quit your job so you are getting enough sleep and are rested enough to do so.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• make him get up with you a few mornings, when he start complaining about you getting him up so early after a long night, tell him "well, now you know how i feel"
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Would it be possible for you to sleep during the day at all? When do you get home from work- if you are up at 4:30 would that be working 6 to 3 maybe? How about once a week that you agree will be your and his time together. Best would be on an evening when you don't have to get up so early the next day. Once a week that is a firm date with him. Would that work?

Answer by Bmat at 1:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my SO works 1pm until 3am and thinks i should stay awake until he comes home. when i work i work 7am-5pm. now that i'm a stay at home mom it doesn't really matter much. but either way... i have to get up early, make his lunch and coffee...i do all the cleaning and 90% of the child care. perhaps if he pitched in more i could stay awake longer! tell your SO the same and see what reaction you get. all i got was more hours of sleep. ha.
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009