Are you watching the President address the troops?

Everyone who has said such nasty things about the President and the military, I am curious to see what you have to say about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• not watching
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i suport the military but i think obama is an idiot i dotn have to support him to support our troops and no i am not watching nor will i he is pittiful and they way he "jokes" when someone asks a serious question just becaus eit may question him sickens me
    Anonymous

• I dont think its a good idea to tell the enemy our game plan. In fact, I think thats about the worst thing he can do.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• So, he gets torn apart for not adressing the troops and now FOR addressing the troops. That man can not win. I believe many of you would fight him to the death if he said the sky was blue.
    Anonymous

• Nope not watching. Never watch him.

Answer by gemgem at 12:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't watch a man that lies. He has nothing to offer. He has his own agenda and knows nothing about the military.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• According to John McCain, he thinks Obama is refusing still to acknowledge his opposal to the surge that was successful. And the Democrats want troops completely out, and that is just not pragmatic for Iraq or the US, Petraeus needed more acknowledgement of his successes and Obama should stop taking the credit for things not yet done. 50,000 troops are still alot of Americans left in Iraq, they aren't being taken out. Be truthful Oblahblah.
    Anonymous

• I watched and they clapped but it was lack luster at best. I think some were simply being polite and many waited to see if others clapped. I found it amusing. Bush was given many standing ovations by our troops Obama not so much. lol
    Anonymous

• I think he is listening to the military advisers on this one. I appreciate that. He has more Republican support on this than he does Democratic Support.

I wish he would have visited a military base when he announced for the first time in his Presidency that he was ordering such a large deployment. (17,000 to Afghanistan) of troops. It would have shown more respect than senind a memo along with his Press Sec to read at the weekly update.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yes, he barely acknowledged the surge worked in his speech today...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2009