What do you do when..

What do you do when you're so tired you literally can't hold yourself up but you have nobody to take care of the baby for a few hours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry, I know it is very difficult. I don't have much help, and I have chronic insomnia so I never sleep. (Sleep when the baby naps? HA! I wish. I do try.) I don't know how old your baby is. But here is what I do... I shower first thing in the morning while my son plays in his crib or jumperoo. Or, heck, sometimes I sit him in the high chair and let him play with a toy and his sippy cup. I'm usually more alert when I look more alert. I also use the 5-hours energy shot in the morning, or on bad days. Rockstar Java drinks are the best thing ever. If I am unbelieveably exhausted, I pop in a kiddie movie, and lie down on the floor while my son plays. Sometimes just lying down and resting helps me feel more energized. It will get easier. Remember:"this too shall pass."
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 1:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Red Bull

Answer by gemgem at 12:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Welcome to parenthood. *shrugs* sorry, you have to be strong and take care of your baby. YOU decided to be a mom so YOU need to take care of things. Yes, you will be exausted and yes, it's hard but MILLIONS of moms do it daily. Nap when you baby naps.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I just press on. And the minute dad walks in the door, I say...bye, I am going to bed...LOL...Hes so helpful and knows when I have had a rough day. I regularly go to bed at 7-730 because I am so tired.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009