Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with a 20 during her siblings baseball games.

My 22 month old thinks that what ever her siblings can do, she can do better. She is the youngest of four. I don't know how I will contain her during her brother and sisters little league games. The stroller and wagons no longer work. Thinking about getting a leash for her. Has anyone had any luck with their younger children in these situations?

funpolice

Asked by funpolice at 12:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you tell her that she can be the cheerleader for the team? Show her a space that she is allowed to stand andshe can make up cheers for the team/brother/sister. Let her know that she is allowed to sit with you or stand in the "cheerleader section" but those are the only two places she can go without asking you first.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Gosh, I know what thats like. We chased our son all over the ball park last season. Hes almost 3 now so I guess he was just over 2 last year. I bought him a tiny little ball and glove to play with. Our problem was mostly because he wanted to be ON the field playing. He thought he was big enough to be part of the team. Same thing with football. I have a feeling that come 4 yrs old, I will have a ball player on my hands. I think the harness would probably make her more irritated and backfire on you. Most of the other siblings brought toys. Take a bag thats just for the ball park and that she can get dirt in. Usually when other kids see someone elses toys they make friends and they can play together. I love the ball park but I don't enjoy entertaining the little one.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have a 21 mth old and my son who is 11 plays baseball, so i know what you are going thru. I just bring lots of snacks and toys for her to play w/. there are a couple of kids her age too to play w/ so they are pretty good. I also have lots of older kids that love to play w/ the lil ones and I trust them completely plus I can see the park where the field is, so I let them take them to the park. Good luck!
    Drea21

Answer by Drea21 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009