How should i tell my mom i dont want to live with her no more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well do you have a job and a way to take care of yourself and Im assuming your baby since youre posting here? if you do then show her you can support yourself by buying your own groceries, food, dont ask for any child care and show you can do things with out her. Then say once youre totally independant minus using her house you want to move out.

Answer by gemgem at 12:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I am not sure how old you are or what your living situation is. I would show my mom that I am responsible, that I am working a full time job, that I can provide for myself with out her help. If you do not have the tools or maturity to live on your own, you need to stay home. If your are 18 you can tell your mom your now an adult and move out. However you should not expect handouts from your mom

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Leave out the double negatives.
    Anonymous

• Are you a mother yourself? If you are then you need to tackle this like the adult you are, by stating that you do not want to live there any more. And being able to show that you have a job and are able to support yourself and your child.
    If you are not a mother coming here for advice from other mothers then you need to remove yourself from this website.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Just say "Mom it's been nice but I want to try something else".

Answer by admckenzie at 10:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I agree with Momshawn70, with everything except the last statement. If you have hijacked your Mom's cafemom page for advice from us Mom's, I'm open to help. I am a NCP to two of my children and they would love for someone to hear their voice!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• well, if you're 13-17.. you should finish school first.. then talk about moving out.. My mom was annoying too, and since you're on cafemom, you probably have a kid, i had a kid at 16. my mom sucked. so i quit school and moved in with my boyfriend, lied to my mom and said i could because i had a baby. she believed it.. now i'm 22 with no education. getting a ged is a lot of work with kids and theres no one to teach you. School is the way to go!! you can do it!! just talk with your mom and let her know whats bugging you.. ask her to change.. if she doesn't.. stand up for yourself.. but don't move out, and make sure she knows you still love her even though shes getting on your nerves.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 6:05 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• if you are not 18 yet you really have no say in weather or not you live with your mom it sucks but its life
    Anonymous