Latex Nipples

Normally this doesn't bother me, but I ran out of playtex drop-in liners last night and had to use the Avent bottles. The problem is the nipples are silicone, and my son prefers latex. He seems to be handling the Avent bottles o.k. now. I just wish they had latex nipples. It seems as if my whole Avent collection is going to waste. Why are latex nipples so rare those days??

ShadesofGrey

Asked by ShadesofGrey at 12:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A lot of exposure to latex can cause a latex allergy. In an effort to make their products more marketable, many companies are switching to silicone. This is not to say that the latex nipples you are giving your baby are going to cause an allergy, this is just the reason why companies are using more silicone these days.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• wow really? my son HATES silicone!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• its due to all the latex allergys that are out there.
    I hated the latex nipples with my son and so did he. They were to soft for him i guess i dont know.
    i wont be using them this time either.
    Anonymous

• Yeah latex is hard to find. My son would ONLY take silicone. I tried to buy latex passys and he threw them...LOL...The avent bottles are pricey. I used them and paid all the money for them but my son couldn't get a latch on the nipple and it leaked so I switched over to the playtex. Much better.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009