Can wii fit help you lose weight?

Does anyone have a wii fit? Does it help you lose any weight? I just bought one and I want to know what other people think of it.
Thanks

jen_wikstrom

Asked by jen_wikstrom at 12:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• From the reviews I have seen it is a bit lacking on the fun aspect as well as the health benefits, but anything is better than nothing. I have a wii with several games that get you up and get you moving and just by goofing around I have lost 8 pounds. I personally think no matter what the activity is anything that gets you up and gets you moving is an improvement (even cleaning house) now as far as the wii fit goes I would recommend the games Jillian Michaels fitness ultimatun 2009. It is $38 and compatible with the wii fit balance board. It got great reviews and also gives you tips advice and encouragement on lifestyle changes you can make as well that will help you lose weight. If you dont know Jillian Michaels is one of the trainers form teh biggest loser. Good luck!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think you can lose weight with Wii Fit. The works out are really good & the games are fun, but just like anything else, you have to do it & it does take work! exersize is what it is, weather you do sit up while watching The View or sit ups with a virtual trainer they are the same thing :) .. We have one, but I havent been on in it about a month (dh has his xbox hooked up & its a pain to switch them out!)..
    I think Wii Fit could have had more structure. right now you just do random work outs of your choosing so you may not be getting the best work out possible...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• oh I dont know if its out yet or not, but there is a game coming out with resistant bands that looks pretty good too.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009