Out of curiosity...

I have a two year old who still has to have his food pureed. He does not do well with textures. I was just wondering if any of your kids have or have had this type of issue.

michiganmommy11

Asked by michiganmommy11 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd will be 2 in may and when she was first starting to eat she didnt like the texture but she grew out of it maybe if you try to do half pureed and half textured food he will go to all reagular food??? good luck!!
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Have you ever had him tested for autism? Many sutistic kids have food sensory (and many other) issues. If he does have autism, I would think he would benifit greatly from early intervention with a theripist. Good Luck hon! (oh, and of course it could be nothing, but better safe then sorry with the getting early help...I hope it's nothing!)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son will eat anything that isnt still moving, lol. Have you tried going to a speech and language pathologist? Sometimes kids cant quite figure out what to do with textured foods because they are swallowed differently than pureed foods. I dont know, but it might be worth looking into. If that is the problem it can usually be fixed with a couple of sessions and your insurance should cover it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i've never heard of this my daughter now 18 months has been eating table food since she was 6 monthes both the boys did too.....
    Anonymous

• Yes, my son has issues with textures too and did until he was just over 2. It wasn't that he wouldnt eat anything, but he did turn his nose up at things like rice, eggs or pasta. I still sometimes have to coerce him to eat those things. He apparently doesn't like the way it feels in his mouth. My dh is the same way. Its very annoying. I think to myself...its just a damn egg...eat it! But no, he refuses. Just keep trying things and adding new foods. They do eventually outgrow it. My son is almost 3.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son is 1yr. and has texture issue too. Although is getting better as more teeth are coming in. He doesn't like eggs, rice, or pasta either. He'll eat pasta sometimes. All you can do is try and sneak in a little more texture here and there. Give a lot of finger foods. I still have to puree meat into veggies in order to get my son to eat it. He's not big on meat for some reason. Ask your pedi about this, they should have some answers as to what you can do. Try not to stress, at least he is eating and growing healthy, that's all that you can ask for.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No my daughter is a human garbage disposal, she would probably get mad if i pureed it just because it took longer for me to give it to her LOL
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 5:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009