Should i be worried, my son has been sleeping since 6pm last night!

Before you ask, i know he's ok, because he has woken up and "talked" but just goes back to sleep, He's 18 months old, and yesterday we had a very busy day and he didn't get to take his normal afternoon nap(last time he missed his nap he slept till 10:30) But anyway, my mom watched him last night while i was at work, she put him to bed around 6(which is the time he starts rubbing his eyes and being cranky, we have tried to keep him up later, but he just gets really angry) So anyway, he went to sleep his normal time with no nap that day, and here is it 1pm and he's still sleeping, a few times i thought he was gonna get up, but he just babbles and then falls back to sleep, should i be worried about him sleeping so long, normally he gets up between 8and 9 am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I might be inclined to get him up just to offer him some food. Little dude has to be hungry by now.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yes
    Anonymous

• I'd be more concerned about hydration than even food. Get him up and try to get him to take some fluid. I would be concerned if I were you.
    Anonymous

• DUH YEAH....
    Anonymous

• Yes, why wouldn't you?
    Anonymous

• Get him up. Probably it is just that he was so tired, but he should get up. If you find that he just can't stay awake, call the pediatrician, but I don't think it will come to that. Get him up and encourage him to play and to drink and eat a bit. Take him outside for fresh air. I'd be inclined to keep an eye on him through tomorrow, but I really don't think anything is wrong.

Answer by Bmat at 1:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Something else that you may want to think of is has he taken any meds or other substances that he should not have been around. These could have made him tired. I'd take his temp, look at whether he is pale, have him stick out his tongue so you can see if his gums are pale. As I said before, chances are he is OK.

Answer by Bmat at 1:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would be really worried! Like the others said, get him up for something to drink. It sounds like maybe he is getting the flu or something. Have you changed his diaper? Was it wet? He needs to stay hydrated!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• He got up a few minutes after i posted this, he's fine,he ate some breakfast and drank some juice, maybe it has something to do with the crappy rainy weather
    Anonymous

• Uhm yeah somethings not right he might be sick
    Anonymous