Baby not moving?

i am 39 weeks today and my baby didnt want to move at all this morning. Now it is moving but not like it normally does. the movements are not as strong as what they usually are nor as frequent. Is this normal or should i call the doc?
I tried everything this morning but only got it to move 3 times in 2 hours. Now this.
I have also been getting some braxton hicks contractions all morning but they are not regular.
Does the baby usually slow its movements right before you go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO!!!! babies dont decrease in movement call your dr ASAP it could mean something is wrong if it has been 2 hours and you have only got 3 kicks that isnt good your supposed to get at least 10
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I remember with my daughter she didnt move much at the end my doc said that there just isnt very much room to move around. If ya got the baby to move some its probly fine. Try and drink some ice water and lay on your back. But if you feel better to call your doc then do it thats their job! Good Luck!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would most definitely cll the doctor asap, and if you can't reach anyone head directly to labor and delivery. I would be concerned about that dramatic of a change in movement.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• http://babykickalliance.org/kickCountFaq.asp

i agree you are supposed to still feel ssmovements at least 10 and with in 2 hours you havent got much id be worried
    Anonymous

• Your supposed to drink something, then lay on your left side and get 10 kicks in 1 hour.
    I did this several times during my pregnancy and my DD always had that minimum number so I never brought it up to the doc. I just thought she was a calm baby (and shes 3 yrs old now and has always been extremely calm) but I had her early at 36 weeks by emergency c-section for being breech and having very low amniotic fluid. She was too big, stuck in breech, with no fluid so thats why she couldn't move. I wish I had told the doctor a lot sooner!!
    They are there for you to bug them and call them and ask your questions, no matter how silly or stupid or often they are!
    ladysylpher

Answer by ladysylpher at 1:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If you're worried you could always call the doctor but the farther along in pregnancy you get, the less the baby has room to move so the movements do become less and less frequent. I don't think it has anything to do with going into labor but maybe your baby is just having a slow day which happens too. I got scared once when my baby wasn't moving so I called and the doctor told me to drink something cold and sugary so I drank half a can of root beer and I swear my baby threw a party after that lol.
    Anonymous

• Yes, kicks do decrease in movement toward the end. They simply don't have the room. I didn't know anything about kicks per hour but with my first pregnancy, she hardly EVER moved. Just once in a while but nothing like what other people describe. I didn't know enough to be worried. She came out right on time and just fine. She just wasnt that active of a baby. I am sure youre fine. Don't let anyone scare you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Call your doctor, But I do remember that the last couple days before my water broke , my son didnt move much.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 8:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009