i wonder if something is wrong with my pregnancy because im 33 weeks and i look like im only 6 months,does any one know why that would happen during a pregnancy?

kcn107

Asked by kcn107 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby moved in the different position so you appear less bulky...? That's my guess, that has happened to me a couple times too
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• you have excellent stomach muscles ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I didnt start really showing until I was over 36 weeks or so with my first. Everyones different. If the dr thinks youre ok then you are.

Answer by gemgem at 1:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Everyone develop differently. Your belly may just not be growing so big, or you could be carrying more even making you appear less pregnant than you are. I wouldn't worry about it. If you are worried, ask your doc.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Are you tall with a big bone structure? If so, that could have alot to do with it. I am almost 6 ft tall and with my first baby, I didn't start wearing maternity clothes until my 8th month. Nobody could even tell I was pregnant. Then, as a matter of fact, when I left the hospital, I wore my normal clothes home (blue jeans and a t-shirt). The doctor said because I was so tall and with the bone structure I have, the baby was positioned where I didn't really show alot until later.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I started showing at like 8 weeks. My sister in law however, never looked any further along than about 5 months. It is all dependent on your body type, the babies position, how much weight you have gained, and all sorts of other things. If your doctor isn't concerned and things are progressing how they should be, you are good, I would think.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I started wearing maternity clothes with my first at 6 months just because I wanted to get some use from them. If you have strong abdominal muscles then that's probably what's going on with you.

Answer by Bmat at 1:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I gained 33lbs with my daughter and she was 8lbs 7oz . Myson I gained 41lbs and he was 8lbs 3oz . So I don't think that size maters alot. I gained less with her and she was bigger. People always said u look small and I thought well, you don't see my belly naked, lol
    Anonymous

• I was still wearing a size 4 jeans when my first was born. i barely looked pregnant. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Everyone's body is different during pregnancy.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Every woman and every pregnancy is different. When my mother was pregnant with me she didn't even show until she was 8 months. I was a tiny baby and they knew when she got pregnant so there wasn't a mistake or miscalculation. I was due on Halloween but wasn't born until 11/30 and only weighed 5 lbs 7 ozs and was healthy.

I, on the other hand, blew up like a beached whale when the words "you're pregnant" came about. In fact it's how I knew the first time. I couldn't fasten my clothes any longer. I looked 40 weeks at 24.

My one sister never had more than a little belly and just bought her clothes a couple of sizes bigger.

Don't stress and if you are concerned ask the Dr but if he was concerned he'd have said something.
    melnstephen

Answer by melnstephen at 1:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009