Please Don't Think Of Me As A BAd Pregnant Person but....

I really Want to Give Birth. I am 37weeks and 2 Days pregnant and All I want is to hold Our Son. We HAd An Ultrasound LAst Week and The tech said She was surprised I hadn't gone into labor yet due to his size. Not to Mention, My S/o Will Have to Leave 3.5 Weeks with work for about a month. They have already pushed back the date to wait for me to deliver but they cannot push it back any further, and we really need him to keep his job. So My question is What can I Do, Besides walking and Vigorous Sexually activity, to help "encourage" our little man to come on out?!?!?!

JacquiV

Asked by JacquiV at 1:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• honestly nothing works unless your little guy is ready to enter the world. I understand your frustration by all means but all you can try is walking, sex, nipple stimulation but if your body isnt ready nothing is going to work. Has your dr checked to see if your dialating? I think if you are atleast a 1 or 2 cm dialated your dr may strip your membranes to try and encourage labor but that doesnt always work. Hang in there it will happen. and they can be off by a lb or two in u/s. So he may not be as big as they think.
    Anonymous

• YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PREGNANT PERSON!!!! No only kidding. If you're horrible, that would make the rest of the millions of us horrible too. Scientifically, there's not much you can do, aside from medical induction, but there's lots of old wives tales you could try!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• He'll come when he's ready and not before. You can do all of those things and you still may not go into labor. I know you want your SO there but your concern is that your son is ready to be here and the longer he's in the healthier he'll be. (according to the Drs)

Stop stressing and I suspect he'll make an appearance. I was due on Halloween and I wasn't born until 11/30 because back then they didn't like to induce.

Patience mom.
    melnstephen

Answer by melnstephen at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Oh Sweetie, you really don't want to encourage a baby to come out at 37 weeks....the baby will come when baby is ready. To come out to early is to risk an extended stay in the NICU - not how you want to spend your first days/weeks of mommydom!

I'm sorry the timing does not work out better for your SO, but it's better to go as long as you can and wait for baby to be ready...then have a peaceful, comfortable recuperation/bonding time with baby.

Funny thing about kids...they will often challenge your best attempts at planning and scheduling!
    Kid_Coach

Answer by Kid_Coach at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Nothing safely. I am sorry. Some women use castor oil, but that can be dangerous. RRL tea is not a labor inducer. Evening primrose oil can help soften the cervix (taken as a suppository) but I don't think it does more than that.

I am sorry. I know you want SO to be there etc, but sometimes it can't happen. Many women can't have their SO's there...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Have you tried to explain to the DR that your SO will have to leave? Sometimes the Dr will induce you or tell you tips to help start labor. Good luck
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You arent a horrible pregnant person. Lol, I dont know anyone who has really liked the last month of their pregnancy. He will come when he's ready. You don't want him to come too early...that could mean extra time in the hospital and you dont want to be dealing with that while your hubby is gone.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i say wait and pray becuase the day your baby DOES come out...you'll be wishing you had another month being pregnant. ha. i was dialated before my son actually came out. almost two weeks i was walking around dialated and he came 3 days before he estimated due date! i walked around a mile lake in the middle of summer while dialated and he still didn't come out! i have heard eating egg plant parm really does work though.... good luck and congrats!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You're no more horrible than the rest of us who want to hold our little ones, talk to your doctor about when it would be safe to induce, if he thinks that it's safe then go for it, but if you have to wait and your SO can't be there then sadly that's the way it goes. I do know how you feel tho, I'm so ready to be a mom but I have a much longer way to go than you, and DH and I are hoping that he'll be off work, but I do have a back up person to be there for support just in case.
    Anonymous

• Size has nothing to do with the baby being ready. I think its a bad idea to even try to get labor started at 37 weeks..the baby will come when it and your body are ready.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 3:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2009