My son likes to touch & feel my skin. He is now 18 months old, but he's been lik this since he was 14 months or so. He comes running when ever he sees me change & wud hug & kiss my legs & tummy. And he continues it inspite of me saying NO to his behaviour!!!Also sometimes he does this with my hubbi too..he would go lift his shirt & kiss his skin......!! Im soo worried about his behaviour!!! Is this normal @ all??....Can Anyone please help by anwering??

az7983

Asked by az7983 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hes a baby i wouldnt worry to much about it right now.
    Anonymous

• I do not see anything wrong with it. He will grow out of it eventually.

Answer by louise2 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it. He's not doing anything bad. Don't make a big deal of it, and eventually he'll stop. At least he doesn't try to hold your nipple in public like my breastfed 2 year old...lol.
    Anonymous

• My daughter will lift up her shirt and put her finger in her belly button, then she will the same to me and my husband. If her brother lets her, she will do it to him too. And the first thing DH does when he gets out of the shower is put on pants and pick her up. She snuggles into his bare chest and it really calms her. He is just exploring things. My daughter is one, btw. He will grow out of it before it becomes a social concern.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Why on earth would you say no to him wanted affection like that?? He's a baby! Probably starving for skin on skin touch. Poor thing...
    Anonymous

•  I think this is perfectly normal mom, my nephew was just like that and kissing me and hugging me and the rest of our family. He was just a sensitive, loving little boy. He's 19 now and a sensitive and loving and caring man.He will make some woman a great husband. Don't worry, I think your boy is special,be proud of him.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son did the same thing. He's 10 years now & would not get caught dead doing that. He's way to cool!!! LOL!!! Enjoy his acts of affection b/c before you know it he won't even want to hold your hand.

Anonymous

• Anon 12 19 took the words right out of my mouth..
    irishstarz

Answer by irishstarz at 3:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• babies/toddlers love skin-to-skin contact...they love mommy's skin. it's totally normal and nothing to worry about. i don't let my kids touch my privates, but other than that it's fine.
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Awww, i can understand why youre worried... But he is just a baby, he dont know better, he loves you alot, and he just likes your touch... its perfectly normal! Remember they dont stay little forever, enjoy those little things, and dont take them for granted, before you know it, he wont ever do that again and your lucky to get a hug! and then youll miss that he did that!
    HaviksMum

Answer by HaviksMum at 3:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009