Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you do your taxes your self.

Ok, i have always had the same lady do our taxes for years. I sent her our stuff like 3 weeks ago, and she hasn't done anything yet.I am in desperate need of getting any bit of money we are getting back as i have to pay for my pregnancy out of pocket and i am 16 weeks and havn't been to the doctor yet. I can't afford all the things they need to do untill i get some money. Anyways i was going to tell her never mind i will just try to do them myself. She has all our forms and stuff to write off. I kept copies of everything i sent her. My question is if i efile on line will i need to mail in forms to the irs. Will they know that i worked off of copies and not the originals?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (5)
  • I used was totally easy and I got my refund in like 5 days. It only cost $9.95 and I didn't have to mail anything in.

    Answer by mommy2karsyn at 1:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • Lose her already, you can do your own taxes online for free. Or buy the cheaper easier versions software programs and do them yourself. You can have your refund online direct deposited in as little as eight days by yourself.

    Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • if you go to you can find an online tax provider that will suit your needs. If you made under a certain amount there are tons of ones you can use then to file completely for free all tho even w/ some you still have to pay a small amount to file your state taxes depending on what state. I filed my fiance's using turbo tax freedom edition since last year he only made about 11k, he was well under the max you could make for this free edition. His was even a lil complicated had to deduct his school loan interest, and had to file his 1099 misc. All it cost us was 9.95 because PA doesn't participate in the program. Also we didnt have to send any files in we just efiled and that was that. Just keep copies of everything incase you are ever audited I think they say to hold on to all tax stuff for 7yrs.

    Answer by o0gone0o at 3:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • I used to do mine myself by hand. The on-line and computer programs are SO much easier!  And don't wait to go to the doctor.  Just tell them you will pay them in 2 weeks when your tax refund come in.


    Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • Yes you need the originals , i would just contact her and get them from her. Also you could doing yourself online at Easy

    Answer by labebabfw at 8:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.