Should I feel guilty..?

I do not make my own baby food I use the jar baby food. I kind of feel guilty about it. Anybody else just use the jar food? I would give my 9 month old table food but he does not have an intrest yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give my baby the jar food. Sure it's not as fresh but it's the same stuff I'd be using if I made it myself. I'd feel guilty if I gave him junk or sugary foods but instead he eats pears, apples, green beans, squash, carrots, peaches, bananas, peas, etc. Much healthier than most diets! Oh I formula feed too and don't feel guilty about that either.
    Anonymous

• I also fed my son baby food from a jar, and no i dont feel guilty about it. Lots of people give their 9 month olds soda, ice cream and other junk foods. At least baby food from a jar is healthy food.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• no ofcourse not i have two little boys a 3 yr old and a 9 mos old the first one was like this also he would only eat baby food and with this 2nd one he doesnt want the baby food he only eats what we eat when ur babys ready for table foods he himself will ask for it.
    sandraurrutia86

Answer by sandraurrutia86 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i don't think there's any reason to feel guilty.
    it's not something i do but i wouldn't feel guilty for doing it, either.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I give my baby the jar food and do not feel guilty at all. I work part time and don't have the time to be making my own food, trust me I tried when I stayed home full time.

If it really bothers you, Earths Best is organic ... try that instead.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I did feel guilty using jarred food, so I tried as often as possible to not give it to DD. I always had a few jars of Earth's Best on hand. I started out making everything myself, and ended up doing about half jarred half homemade. She only ate jarred food for 4 months--once she was 10 months old she ate everything I did, just cut up into itty bitty tiny pieces :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No i have never felt guilty about jar food. It is very safe alternative to making it yourself. I do not give my babies juice or pop, I think I am doing ok.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I give my son both homemade and jarred. Some foods I find hard to make so I just buy them. But I wouldn't feel guilty about it... I make my son's because I find it fun and cheeper!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Should we feel guilty? I thought thats what we were supposed to use lol! I use it to and my daughter loves it! Like the first answer your said your baby is getting the healthy stuff and not the junk food! don't even worry :)
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• What on earth is there to feel guilty about?

I used it for convenience for testing the single ingredients...then once through that all, we started introducing table and finger foods at 6 months.

I really don't understand where there should be any guilt.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009