• In the Spotlight:

What are the lessons in life you want to teach your children?

I want to teach my children LOVE, to have respect for yourself and for others. To develop a curiosty to learn. To keep an open mind.

CloverE

Asked by CloverE at 2:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I want my kids to learn how to take care of themselves financially and mentally without the help from anyone else. I want them to be responsible for their decisions and lives. I want them to be able to love themselves because they know they dont need anyone else in the world to make them happy. Most importantly I want them to learn the conservative values I have been raised with and raised them with so itll follow them through their lives and in those of their own children. To put God first, love themselves and that having an education is key to success in this life.

Answer by gemgem at 2:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Integrity
    Honor
    Character
    Self control
    Humility
    Love...the greatest of these is LOVE

I feel these character qualities are VERY important. They are the foundation of success in your personal life as well as your spiritual life. If we desire to stand out from the crowd and be leaders wherever we go, we have to possess these characteristics. My children were NOT called to mediocrity and I am not going to live it. One of the reasons I don't get involved in the arguments here on CM about dumb things such as breastfeeding or circumcision. They do not promote good character. I could spend my entire life fussing over those details and totally miss training their spirits and having attributes that are admirable. Im not wasting any time.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i want to teach my son or any others i may have-good morals and values, not to be judgemental, that its important to help out your fellow man (even if you dont know them), self respect and respect for others
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Courage, Truth, Honor, Fidelity, Discipline, Hospitality, Industry, Self-Reliance, and Perseverance
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Honesty, Respect, Independence, Openness, Service, Hard-work, Love, Kindness, Learning from everything that comes their way be it good/bad, big/little.

Those are the big ones.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Understanding, Respect, Love, being Indepedant, Honor... and so much more as he grows we will continue to teach him... wither the lessons harder that some we want him to know that it is something to learn from and to go on...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 3:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I want to teach my kids that when all else fails and you think you have nothing left... You still have you! And that is really ALL you need!

I hope to teach them that we all bleed red and that's really what matters. That race, sex, religion, and personal beliefs do not change that we all diserve to be given the same opportunities, same chances and the same treatment from ALL!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• RESPONSIBILITY!!!! Considering there seems to be a lack of parents teaching this!
    Anonymous

• Love, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Courage, and Honor..
    I want my child to know she is loved, so she can in return show love towards others (if you don't know what love is, you can't give love to others)
    Honesty- any form of lying should never be tolerated.. look at our government, if they had not lied so much, would we be so screwed now? this is why honesty is so important.
    Respect- inorder to earn respect from your elders (teacher/grandparent/boss) you must first show respect to them, they are your higher ups, and deserve it.. that goes for respecting property.. if you want you property respected, respect others as well.
    Responsibility- you if you can't take responsibility for your actions.. your action will be construde as childish and nobody will take you seriously. so she will know right from wrong, and if she does wrong she will make it right.
    courage and honor go hand in hand..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Responsibility
    Asseritveness
    Strength
    Self-Respect
    Respect for others
    Desire to learn and question
    Faith, peace and love
    Compassion for others and herself
    Self-control
    Being Articulate
    How to always embrace her creative soul
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2009