what happens if God wants you to do something, but you don't do it???

God wants me to do something, but because of fear i haven't done it yet. I know you get punished if you go against God, but how can i be braver and do this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do it afraid. Tell God that you are scared out of your wits, but you are going to do it anyway, because you know it's what He wants you to do. Sometimes, when I've done that, it's been a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Sometimes, I have been shaking in my boots the whole time I was doing it. God honors our obedience and not how we do that thing. So just pick a time and do it! You will feel much better than you do now.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Faith!
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 2:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• know that God wont ask you to do something that you cant do. he doesnt not ask you to fullfill impossible tasks. he will never give you more than you can handle. yes it will be difficult-but theres obviously a reason that he wants you to do it or else he wouldnt ask for it to be done.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If he is talking to you, then you need to go get some mental help!! Not to be rude or anything, but I do know a few people that "hear God" and they needed some serious help. Don't listen to him and just do what you think is right. That is if it doesn't involve killing anyone.
    Anonymous

• what other anon, if someone is telling somebody to kill someone that isn't God that satan. God does speak to me, and you can ask any christian, he speaks to them too. Lord some people are weird
    Anonymous

• you know what nannyb, god just spoke through you to me, your right i have been trying to put on a brave heart, when im scared, i need to just let him know im afraid
    Anonymous

• If you do not do what God is asking of you, he will not punish you. Whenever God tells me to do something and I do it, I find out there is always a blessing on the other side just for being obedient. I have also found that when I don't do it because of fear he will lay that something on someone else's heart that is a willing vessel. That really bothered me when I saw another person getting the blessing I was supposed to get because I was not obedient. Just believe God and do what he says, he wants you to learn to trust and obey his voice. Believe me you will be greatly blessed in the end! Be of good courage!
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• JUST DO WHAT U FEEL IS RIGHT IN YOUR HEART AND HAVE FAITH THAT HE WOULDNT ASK U TO DO ANYTHING THAT WOULD BRING HARM TO YOU
    Anonymous