my daughter has diareaha

dont know how thats spelled, but anyways, my daughter has it shes had it for a few days now, we just moved, and she only gets it when she drinks apple or strawberry banana juice ive obviously stopped giving her those juices once i realized that. but she has no fever, shes acting and playing normal, shes happy, still has wet diapers, no other symptoms. shes also been on the brat diet and pedialyte. i called the doc and they said nothing to worry about unless she developes more symptoms but im still worried. some people said it may be stress and things like that, but does anyone have and suggestions on what it could be other than stress and too much juice? and any suggestions on what i can do to help her have normal poos again? besides brat diet, less or no juice, and pedialyte. thanks in advance. and i really appreciate any advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• More fiber in her diet will help too. Fiber does funny things but it works great.
    calapuls

Answer by calapuls at 2:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Is she drinking the water at your new home? Maybe it's that.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• op here: no shes not drinking the house water, i buy bottled water for her to drink but i cook with the water from the house. my hubby and i are going to get one of those filters tonight to see if that helps and if thats it. thanks for the answers i really appreciate it.
    Anonymous

• If she was having problems with the juices then I would forgo to the pedialyte too and just stick to water and the BRAT diet for now.
    Anonymous

• op here: i would forgo the pedialyte but the pedi. told me to keep her on it so...but ill try anything at this point. lol, i feel so bad her poor lil bum is so red. thanks for the advice
    Anonymous

• juice is known to cause stools to be loose.

Also, gatorade and pedialyte both have a sugar in them that causes loose stools. lol i'm really confused why everyone recommends them for babies with diarrhea. If you are worried about electrolytes, give her chicken broth watered down.

I'd cut the juice and pedialyte. then go to a normal diet.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 10:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• thanks for the replies and advice...i took a little all you guys said and so far she is doing better.
    Anonymous