no hot dogs while pregnant?

so im now 31 weeks and have never heard not to eat hot dogs but i just read in a book i got from the hospital birthing class that you shouldnt eat hot dogs.
Iv been eating hot dogs here and there are they really that bad for you? I dont eat them cold i cook them first plus there were a list of other foods to like soft cheeses.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• as long as you cook them they are fine, just dont eat them right from the package.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• The rules change so much that it's hard to keep up! Everything will be fine:)
    Anonymous

• I ate hot dogs (cooked, of course) while I was pregnant and turned out just fine! I've never heard not to eat them during pregnancy.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I ATE THEM ALMOST EVERY DAY LIKE THEY SAID JUST COOK THEM AND ULL BE FINE
    Anonymous

• I heard not to eat them too, I asked my Dr., he said in moderation its fine...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• they say hotdogs and lunch meat unless you cook them, and who the heck is gonna heat up some lunch meat YUCK. I havent had any hotdogs during my pregnancy but the lunch meat thing, i buy the stuff thats prepackaged cause they have to cook it somehow, and I figure the stuff in the deli has more of a chance to have what ever that is (cant remember the name) since they dont clean the cutters every single time in between roast beef (that to me with the red inside is not done) and turkey.
    Anonymous

• i eat them and my baby is just fine so was my first and i ate subway almost everyday with my first and he was just fine and no i didnt toast it
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Definitely! As long as they are cooked to steaming first :o)

JulianeB

Answer by JulianeB at 2:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• As long as they are cooked it's fine - same with cold cuts, if you heat them up to kill any bacteria they should be fine.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i neer warm up cold cuts and i eat hotdogs all the time you know if people keep believing all the things that all of a sudden are bad for you sh*t in 5 years pregnant women will have to just eat pre approved packaged food because everything will be bad for you
    Anonymous