Losing weight without exercise

Is it possible to lose weight without exercise. Dh says no, but I have totally changed my diet and do slim fast for breakfast and lunch and then a very healthy low calorie/fat dinner. Is it possible to lose some weight without exercising yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• im on the slim fast diet just try to do some extecise if it is just walking in place for about 5mins at a time... I have lost 18 pounds in 1month and 2 weeks but yes you do have to exercise on the diet

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• ive done it, its the Adkins diet - low carb diet.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You can lose weight without exercise, but you will probably hit a "plateau" and in order to lose more you will have to exercise. Also, if I exercise while I diet I usually keep the weight off . JMO this is how it works for ME! Good luck.
    Anonymous

• its possible but not likely. you will deffinitely lose more if you are also exercising.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• 3500 calories to gain or lose a pound. No matter which way you look at it. either burn it off or eat less. the average woman uses less than 2000 calories a day. any more than that= fat. less= lose weight.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Well, it's just freezing here and I'm stuck in the house. I have exercise equipment, but dd snaps out the whole time. I can't wait for it to warm up a bit and then I will put her in the stroller and walk around our neighborhood. I know dd will enjoy that as long as she is able to look around.
    Anonymous

• Well, dd just took her first nap in her crib and I got to work out for 30 minutes. YAY!
    Anonymous

• NOPE
    Anonymous

• Go away TROLL!!!
    Anonymous

• its not healthy to never exercise... at all, dieting or not... i would suggest atleast walking up and down stairs or running in place or turning on some music and dancing to the beat while doing whatever your doing.. just simple calorie burning activities that almost anyone can do.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 7:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009