Parents of your kid's friends - Does that sound familiar to you?

Are your children having friends which you really like and think they're great, but the parents ... OMG, don't you just want to slap them?

1.) Is it the father, the mother or both?
2.) What annoys you the most about them?
3.) How frequently do you have to talk to them?

1 - Both

2 - how resentful they are towards their son (for example the boy has been grumpy a bit and they rub it into his face all day long - let go!), how they make him feel inapropiate, not meeting their expectations and how they are constantly busy hooking up the kids (they are both 21 month old! What is all this relationship sh**?)

3 - less than 2 - 3 times a month. Luckily.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• The only thing that bothers me about my friends parenting is she lets her mom take care of him. She has a good job, makes good money but her son stays with her mom in a town 2 hours away. Now she's pregnant again. Not sure if this baby is going to her mom too.
    Anonymous

• 1. I like their parents:)

2. What bothers me about them......They have sooo much money. My child hangs out with the RICH kids. I feel very inadequate and poor around them.

3. Some I talk to once a week and others just 1 a month or less.
    Anonymous

• My children are really only friends with the children of my friends. So I guess we're lucky so far.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 2:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• For me it is the other way around. I am good friends with the parents but it's the kids that need a good talking to. The parents are great but the kids know how to push their parents buttons and will constantly test the limitts.
    Anonymous

• My son is only 9. So far the parents of his friends I have become friends with and really like them. As he gets older we will see how things go. Hopefully he will make good choices with his friends and the parents will be cool too....
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009