Why is 1 ok & not the other?

Im just curious why Christians believe its OK to use infertility treatments to become pregnant but is against using any form of birth control.
Ive heard God gave us the science for IVF so we should be greatful. So didnt he also do the same for birth control?
Maybe God doesnt want certain couples to become pregnant, maybe his plan was something else, like adoption.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The better question would be how can you be for IVF, but against abortion, considering that during IVF several viable embryos are discarded?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 2:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Well not ALL Christians believe in either way. Some wouldnt use fertility treatments because they feel if God wants them pregnant, then they'll get pregnant. And others would use birth control too.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I feel the same way you do. I've never thought about it untill now, but I agree 100%. What an awesome new way of looking at things. Thanks you.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Not all of them believe either of what you said.

I fully support the use of birth control, use it myself, and IVF *when used appropriatly and not abused"
    Anonymous

• I'm a christian and don't believe in it. You can't lump everyone in one category dear.
    Anonymous

• I've heard of Catholics having a problem with birth control. The idea being you should only be having sex when you're married and if you're married then there's no reason for birth control. Although not highly pushed now. But I've never heard of some saying not to use fertility treatments. I guess I agree with you about maybe he has adoption in his plan for them.
    SouthALMommy

Answer by SouthALMommy at 2:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think both are fine and I am Christian. However I think the decision to do either of those things is one that should be well thought out and should be prayed about :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

sorry, didnt mean to sound like i lumped every Christian together, thats not the case :) I guess Im asking the questions to those against birth control & for IVF...

Anonymous

• Well, I honestly don't believe in IVF and fertility treatments (no offence to anyone who does) OR birth control. Which is why we do NFP method.
    Anonymous

• Catholics don't "believe" in either. IVF OR Birth control. Just Natural Family Planning
    Anonymous