Your choice of pictures on your CafeMom profile

I've noticed most moms' profile pictures here on Cafemom are of their children, and husbands/baby daddy's pix next. Comparatively few moms put pix of themselves on their profiles. What do you think the reason for that is? (Or if you are one that decided not to put your own pic up, what was your reason not to?)

JustAMom2008

Asked by JustAMom2008 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't normally have a lot of pictures of myself because I'm always the one with the camera. My avatar pic is one I took of myself by myself. Plus, I'd rather show my kids off than me anyday. They're cuter =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think you put up what youre most proud of or the best pic you have at the time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my dh and I love this pic, so its up.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have like 2-3 pics of myself. Like the above poster said, I'd rather show off my child, she is much cuter. I'm not sure if I have any of DH maybe 1-2
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I personally do not like any pic of me. I'm overweight and feel very unattractive. I do, however think my kids are adorable. So, I guess I like to show them off and avoid letting people see too much of me.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ahhhh yes, self-consciousness rears its ugly head! I should have known!
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't like any pics of myself and I would much rather look at my hubby! I won't ever put any of my kids on here or anywhere on the internet... Too many freaks out there.....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 3:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My picture is of DH and I at a friends wedding. I LOVE IT! Plus the only family picture I like is from Thanksgiving and it's hard to see all of us.

I wish I had more pictures of my son and myself. Usually I am the one that takes the pictures so there are a lot of DH and our son, or our son and our dog, etc.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i hardly have any pictures of just me!! i should take some!!!!!!
    MarshaLynn04

Answer by MarshaLynn04 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My opinion is that we are on a Mom web site, we are moms, constantly in Mom mode, we tend to forget that it's okay to Vogue it out in front of the cam and post some cute pics because we feel the need to constantly divide ourselves for our family. Heaven forbid we are feisty women with Sassy pics. I have cute pics on Myspace and Facebook, but not here. That's not a coincidence.
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 7:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Its because I am usually the one behind the camera...and of course my kids are much better looking...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009