Gallbladder issues- What are some symptoms/signs?

Pain in the mid above my p-parts. on my right side toward where my kidney is. Blood work tomorrow at a health Screening at the church. I am going. Tired all the time.

nan16

Asked by nan16 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• I would just get attacks. The pain was on the upper right side, almost right underneath my rib cage. The pain would last from 10 minutes to about 45 minutes. That was my only sign. It was really painful too. I suppose everyone is different though. Good luck with your appointment.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Everybody is different. I had pain on the right side of my back in the middle. It felt like a muscle cramping up and would stay that way for about 5 hours. To be sure it's your gall bladder, don't eat anything all day that has any kind of fat in it, then go eat a greasy hamburger. If you are in pain after a few hours of eating that, then that is a good indication that is the problem.
    calapuls

Answer by calapuls at 2:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Try Webmd.com for answers
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 2:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If it's that low it sounds more like a kidney stone rather than gallstones. Gallstones are generally felt in the stomach area, chest and mid to upper back. My gallbladder attacks were in my upper back, I felt extreme pain like nothing i've ever felt before to the point where I felt like I couldn't breathe. I've also had kidney stones and that pain is pretty darn similiar just in the "nether" region, if you get my drift, on one side. I felt in in the front, back and side on my left side. I had one large stone blocking anything from getting through.

I had a procedure called lithotripsy, it is a laser device used to shatter a large stone into smaller passable pieces. I was given a mild anesthetic of some sort, I was sleepy but still awake during the procedure and didn't feel any pain...the table moved from side to side so the laser could get to all areas..didn't take long at all and the pain was gone right away
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2009