How do I get a free hotel room?

We have to fly my daughter to st.louis Missouri twice this year, she has cerabral palsy, she needs to see an neurologist again and have surgery. I need any advice you may have on how to get a copmed or extremely discounted room. So far $95.00 a night is considered discounted but not cheap when we have to pay for 14 nights.

tobymj

Asked by tobymj at 2:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Travel

• Contact the Ronald McDonald house! this is what they are for, when you ahve a child who needs to be hospitalized and you cannot afford a room. they ar eAWESOME! Here is the link to the St Louis website. I hope you get what you are asking for! http://www.rmhcstl.com/
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Maybe the Ronald McDonald House? Not really sure.
    Anonymous

• You guys showed me something new. I never knew what the Ronald McDonald house was for. Thanks
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You might also think about writing letters to hotels/bed & breakfasts. You never know who is in the giving spirit.
    Anonymous

• I LOVE the Ronald McDonald house!! They were great when my daughter was in MorganTown @ Ruby Mem. for about 1 1/2wks.the hospital may have information on them. I would call ahead of time because sometimes they have a waiting list. They hooked us up with a motel for about $45 night instead of $100
    determind

Answer by determind at 10:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yes ronald mcdonald house ,also contact the hospitals pr department and ask then if they have any resourses for hotel,meals..this is a comon practice for hotels and hospitals to work together. ronald house is great try that first. good luck momma!
    MRSBUSYMOM

Answer by MRSBUSYMOM at 1:47 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• yeah, call the hospital. They usually have arrangements for that sort of thing.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on Mar. 2, 2009