Does anyone get freaked out when they bump into old boyfriends?

I saw an ex today. He was picking up his nephew from our preschool. I teach music to him.

He even told his nephew to ask me to sing for him. He use to LOVE to hear me sing when we were dating.

I thought that was kinda a nice complement to give to me in a roundabout way though.

It makes me feel so uncomfortable to talk to people like that. Am I the only one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't mind. I see my ex's all the time. It doesn't bother me. Sometimes I don't even speak just cause I don't want to.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yeah its awkward
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• verrry awkward but i don't really talk to mine. i see one everytime i go to church. just looking at him is awkward lol
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• there are some exes that I would hate to run into, others not so much but it still might be a little uncomfortable. Luckily I live thousands of miles from all my exes so I don't have to worry about it!! :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No. I've only really been with one other guy seriously and we are friends and even hang out sometimes :P So its not weird at all. He is friends with hubby now as well =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• the most serious bf i had before my husband is my husband's best friend! him and my now hubby met up and became good buddies and hubby and i fell in love with each other over the next couple years before we started dating. so no, it's not weird for me to run into my ex, i don't even feel like he's an ex at all, more like a brother. other minor boyfriends i've had though, they're kinda in the same social circle still, but i don't see them much. it is a little weird, but i have no feelings for them like that anymore.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• it depends on why he is your ex. If it was a mutual breakup due to finding out you were better as friends, I dont see a problem. I talk to a few of my exes -no desire to have them back. But we can be adults about it. One of my exes and I broke up cuz he came up to me and said that all relationships end sometime (he was not a big fan of marriage) even though i was 18 at the time we broke up (we dated for 2 years) I knew that one day i wanted to be married and couldnt be with someone who didnt feel the same. We didnt talk for 15 years, and now as adults we can. I talk to him every few days online. He is with someone who understands him better than I could and he has a lovely 4 year old daughter.
    Another we decided we were better as friends. I still go to his house and hang out. His wife is wonderful and he has 3 great boys.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2009