Baby Rash

My 8 month has RSV and has to take two kinds a medicine and do a breathing treatment...well she's been having diarreah and lastnight i noticed she's really red down there...so i started putting cream on her and man she started screaming!! she finally stop crying like 3 mins later...Today i changed her diaper and used a warm wet washcloth and that hurt her too and so does putting on the cream.

my question is...Is there anything else i could try to help her not be in so much pain when i change her??

I already called her doctor..and there giving me some other kind of cream...but i would like to help my daughter out

I hope this make sense lol

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 2:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did they tell you it could be yeast? It can be really bad and painful. The cream they are giving you should help quickly. I was always amazed at how quickly it got better.

You could let her soak in a warm tub for a while.
    Anonymous

• try letting her air out in between diapers. just stay with her on her changing table with no diaper on. the air will soothe it. also, try vaseline. it doesnt have all the stuff in it that can cause the burning sensation. it may help. i do agree with the first answer of letting her soak in the tub. watch out for what looks like pimples. that can be a sign of a yeast infection and that would need a prescription cream. but it seems like shes just rough from the poopin, so i would try the vaseline and see if that helps at all
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Put on the diaper cream THICK THICK THICK and try not to wipe it all off each diaper change. Use water to clean her bottom and a very soft cloth. Diaper wipes can sting.
    Let her lay on a towel naked and let her butt breath
    A soak in the tub would feel nice
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Our son got a "flesh eating" rash from eating mango. The skin literally looked cooked.
    None of the creams worked and actually made him scream, too.
    We called our Pediatrician and the nurse there suggested warm baths with lots of baking soda mixed in. Then let baby totally air dry and put on a diaper without any creams. The skin needs to be dry and air needs to reach the wound so it can heal. Creams just slide off the open rashes.
    This is the only thing that worked for us. (He had scars for a month)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If it's a yeast rash then putting yogurt with live bacteria on it or Acidophilus will help. You could also try putting your baby in cloth diapers (without using a cover) to give her butt a chance to breath. My sister in law had to do that for a while with her baby. With cloth diapers, you will feel as soon as she goes so you can change it quicker. It also gives her tooshie a chance to breath while still containing messes. Going diaperless is best, but cloth is second best. If you have any questions about cloth just PM me.
    LippyMcTiccy

Answer by LippyMcTiccy at 3:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my son had really bad rashes so bad they blistered. all the creams the dr gave me didn't i had creams for yeast, bactrial you name it. I went back to nature for my answer when I gave a bath I would put a little Iodine in the water just a little and I used Aloe instead of cream this help the besturns worked too) after almost 9 months of this on and off it turned he is alergic to milk which was in his fomula, was cazusing the whole thing.
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 11:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009