Open mouth, insert foot...

So today my mom met me at the kids doctor office b/c they're both sick, as am I. So we were walking in and I had a coughing fit and my mom said "Sounds like mama needs a shot in the butt." Genius me said "Well, I need SOMETHING in the butt." She started laughing and it took a minute for me to catch on. The cough meds are making my mind a little sluggish. lol. So yiou wanna share your "open mouth insert foot" moment?

I asked this question yesterday but it got pushed back really fast with no answers, so I'm trying again!

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL yeah ready
    When me and DH was dating we were staying with his friends till we could get our own place. Well one day we started to fight right in front of his friends and I said "Forget it!" real mean and stomped upstairs to our room and I slammed the door.
    DH flew up the stairs and opened the door at me and the fight continued. He looked at me and said "You don't need to be down there showing your ass"
    I looked at him and said "WHAT! What are you talking about! I never showed anything to anyone! How dare you accuss me of showing my body to anyone!! I never did anything like that!!"
    He immediately burst out laughing at me! He said "I meant making a ass out of yourself, not physically SHOWING your ass to people!"
    OOPS- man was my face red!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Oh yeah, I say something dumb at least once a week, when I think of one that's fit to post I'll put it here.... At least you had an excuse (the meds) I usually don't!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ha that happens to me alot! When I was young in my class and when I went to get my driver's license the lady asked me my name and I told her. Then she asked me if I wa a junior or a senior. I told her I was a junior and was surprised that she knew what grade I was in. Luckly my mom was paying attention and told her I was not a junior. I stood there staring at my mom who informed me that some people have that after their name LOL glad that didn't end up on my license!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It wasn't me but my SO. The other night I asked him if there was soap in the dispenser. He said yes but the foamy kind, that's why "it's sticky when it squirts out." I was like um ok! He realized what I was thinking and said "It's not dirty like you!" LOL! I got a good laugh at least.
    Anonymous

• lol babybeans, at least it ended the fight. It's hard to fight when you're laughing! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ohio has a non-smoking law for all public places. I work as a hostess at a bar & grille restaraunt, and I am not a smoker. In fact, my 2 children had varying degrees of asthma, and I was greatly relieved when I could go into a restaraunt without wading through smoke. So, shortly after this law was passed, a couple people came into the restaraunt and the one lady was mentioning how there was no smoking anymore. I said "I know. Isn't is great?" She looked at me (not QUITE glaring) and said "NO. I smoke." Oops!
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 5:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I was up set with my teenage son (18) because he was unreachable on his cell phone. I told him I was worried he was over his girlfriends house. He said "I was" then I started to panic. Thinking they were having sex. So stupid me I can't keep that thought to my self. I said in a long rambling sentence " I am worried your having sex, I don't want you to ruin your future, I don't want to not be able to go off to colleges, I don't want to have to raise your children, I don't want to be a grandma I am too young"... He said "Mom we just broke up".. Oh man.. "do you want to talk about it"... NOpe.
    I felt so stupid.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2009