Just wondering

I am happily married to a wonderful guy and we have a beautiful baby girl. Lately, for no apparent reason I've started thinking about my ex. Not that I want to get back together with him but more like I would like to have him back in my life as a friend. I know where he works and I've been thinking of stopping by sometime when I know he's there and catching up. It would only be a two block walk from my house. I haven't talked to my husband about this because I know how I would react if he said the same thing. I need someone to help me get this impulse out of my system. Please help!

AmberBrat

Asked by AmberBrat at 2:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• i have had the same feelings,.and i can tell you that its HARD to not act upon those feelings.i am married and i have have impulses for an ex as well and theres a reason why hes your ex,..thats what i keep telling myself.and i would feel horrible if my husband wanted to catch up with an ex gf.so i just keep it to myself and love my husband and only him.
    Anonymous

• Well how would you feel if your husband were saying this? I for one wouldn't like it at all. I would go by how I want to be treated as a wife.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Don't do that. I think I would lose it if my Husband did something like that. Just leave it alone. If you so happen see your ex say hi and keep it moving.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I definitely wouldn't act upon that feeling. I think this would really hurt your husband. Keep this feeling to yourself and don't go visit the ex. Remember this is only a feeling. Don't let it run you.

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 3:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Well, think about it , is going to your ex-boyfriends job and catching up~worth fighting with your husband and upseting a happy home and marriage???
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• This is something that happens. When you give a part of your heart away to a guy, it always tries to call you back. I think this is especially true if you slept with the guy. Something about Oxytocin in the blood.

Don't act on this impulse. And don't mention anything to your hubby. It will just mess up your life.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Not a good idea at all, been there and done that and it may start out innocent but it wont end that way. nip it in the bud. or you may find your self in a not so happy house hold
    itainteasy25

Answer by itainteasy25 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Respect your marriage and don't do it. The fact that you are obsessing about it tells you that it is not healthy. Forget it.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Most of my friends are male, but I wouldn't act on your impulse if it was a ex-boyfriend. I think that's a different situation- may be too tempting. If your ex has someone in his life and your husband is interested in double dating with them, well them maybe. But at the very least I wouldn't do it behind your husband's back- I don't know of a man that would understand that.
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 7:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• IF YOU GOT HIDE IT OR LIE ABOUT IT, WELL IT MUST BE WRONG......ITAINTEASY25 I AGREE
    Jolene5

Answer by Jolene5 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2009