Advice Please!

I have an almost 4 year old stepson and I wanted to get him a book. Like one of those "I'm gonna be a big brother" books. But I didn't know if they had any that we're more appropriate for him that aren't like "mommy's having a baby" because he doesn't call me mommy and we don't want to confuse him. Any good books you can reccomend? TIA :)

Aman-Duh

Asked by Aman-Duh at 3:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You could try to just sit down and talk to him. Much better and personalized approach. But then, I never dreamed of telling my kids any news like that with a book...
    Anonymous

• Check you local book stores, we have a huge book store called barns and noble and they have all kinds of books like step monny and step daddy! May be a little pricey but they have a good selection
    GJCJMomie

Answer by GJCJMomie at 6:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I found these books when I looked online. I don't know about them from experience so you probably want to check their content and such, but i thought it might help.

I'm Going to Be a Big Brother! by Brenda Bercun, Sue Gross in Books
    My New Baby (New Baby Series) by Annie Kubler
    Waiting for Baby by Harriet Ziefert
    Waiting for Baby (New Baby Series) by Annie Kubler
    I'm a Big Brother by Joanna Cole
    Hello Baby! by Lizzy Rockwell
    The New Baby by Mercer Mayer

I didn't give my step kids any books when I had my baby, but I just made a big deal about being a big brother or sister. Also, if you can't find books that don't have mommy in them. just explain that you will be the baby's mommy.

i would also try going to the library and asking a librarian for help looking for some.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009