• In the Spotlight:

4 day rule

You know when you start food you wait 4 days between each new food. Well when do you stop doing this? Is there an age? Or just when you feel like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I never did it, my baby was just fine. i know you are supposed to in case of allergies but what a pain.
    Anonymous

• I did it 3 days and I still do it for new foods just to be on the safe side...although they've pretty much tried everything now (they're 5, 3 and 2)

If not a full three days (not always practical) then I make sure there is no thing new introduced...just to be safe.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I did this until he was doen trying all the stage 1's.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Once I'd gone through most of the baby foods, I stopped. Now I just do it if we are having something new that is a high allergy food - fish, shrimp, nuts, etc.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If you have a history of allergy in your family, I'd do it until you've introduced just about everything. If not, then once you've introduced a variety of fruits, veggies, meats and dairy, I'd say you're good. My daughter is 10 mo. now and I haven't been strict on it for about a month now. (I did introduce dairy only for about a week and then meats and then fish but it was more groups of similar things rather than one thing at a time).
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i do it with each new food including snacks.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009