My baby's gums look like teeth

When my baby was born his gums look like teeth. He is three months old and I thought they would straighten out but they still look the same. They are not white or anything, they just have the shape of teeth, right down to the spacing in between. Even in the back the gums are raised up like teeth. I wish I could show a picture because I am not sure if I am explaining it right. I have tried to find some information about it but can't find anything. Has anyone ever seen this or know anything about it.

kingboys3

Asked by kingboys3 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't seen anything like it. I would bring it up with his doc at his next well baby visit.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 3:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My little one's looked like that some too. It's just the teeth under the gums that will be breaking through soon. You could check with the Dr. but I think it's probably nothing to worry about.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It never hurts to have the doctor take a look but I think BlessedMommy is right - it's just the teeth under the gums. Remember, his teeth are already there, fully formed. They just haven't worked their way up and broken through the gums yet.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Mine was born like that as well. I'm worried I do'nt know if she wll hv normal teeth or no teeth @ all
    Madlokovu

Answer by Madlokovu at 11:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2014