Have you had your gallbladder removed????

I was wondering if anyone has had this operation? And what it was like for them?

MommaM2

Asked by MommaM2 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• My husband had his out 18 months ago. They did it laproscopically and he was home the same day. He had 4 little inciscions on his abdomen. It didn't seem to be too painful because BELIEVE me I would have known. He's such a baby!!! Worse than both of our kids.
    portercreeksis

Answer by portercreeksis at 5:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My husband did and because he's allergic to anesthesia it was a lot worse for him. The guy next to him was up and walking the same day. He was in some pain for a bit but within a couple weeks he was good as new.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I had it 2 months after my second dd was born. It was not easy, but mine was way worse then they thought when they got in so I had 2 extra holes to deal with. Plus I had had a c-section so I was still healing from that. But my sister had the same operation and had no problems and not nearly as much pain. I do suggest you get someone to watch your kids at least the first night your home so you can rest. Good luck.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I had it removed in 2006. I bled internally and needed 3 blood transfusions and was in the hospital for a week. I had a biopsy previous to that though and have Gastroparesis so don't let that scare you into thinking it happens to everyone.
    My husband had his out and had to be cut the old fashioned way and was in the hospital for 5 days. My MIL, 2 aunts and my sister all had it done laproscopically and were home same day with little recovery time
    The worst part of the recovery for me aside from the internal bleeding bruises/pain was passing bile whenever I had a bowel movement. It lasted 4 months for me but only a week for my husband. Uh it burns so much . The only reason I am telling you is because No one mentioned that might happen to me so I was not prepared and didn't know what was happening. I would go thru it all again though...it definitely improved my quality of life when all the side effects were gone
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009