Aldi's

Saw a post about Aldi's and Im thinking about stocking up on a few canned goods and other pantry items. What are items you would NOT buy at Aldi's. Im thinking of getting canned fruits, veggies, baggies and other things that will stay fresh on the shelf like ravioli.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Shopping

• We buy all of our canned veggies there. I think the fresh produce would depend on your store - ours is always fresh. My son likes the chicken noodles soup, ravioli and spaghetti rings as much as the name brand ones. We also buy the tater tots, frozen fruit, ice-cream sundae cones (same as drumsticks), and popcorn chicken. The frozen bags of chicken breasts are good too and usually much cheaper - same with milk and eggs. My kids love the cinnamon rolls too - in fact he likes the biscuits and cinnamon rolls better than Pillsbury. My son is a very picky eater so this really says a lot for their quality.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 12:15 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• the only think id on't buy from them is hamburger meat, i'll buy their chicken breasts(they are real good!) porkchops, brats, kielbasi, anything like that is fine :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't buy any of the frozen meat. It all looks a bit freezer burnt. The fresh meat is good though. Except I don't like the ground meat. It seems to have a lot of little grisly things in it, more than most. My mom has a friend who's daughter is a meat inspector for Aldis. She said it is very good quality meat and that their fresh meat is better than most lg. chain grocery stores.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I can't say much for their fresh fruits and veges. Otherwise, I buy everything. I don't use hamburger meat.. I buy ground turkey. It is just fine. They have really good cheeses. Otherwise, they are a legit store.. it's not like anything is outdated for dented or anything. They do carry name brands on some items if you want that...
    Anonymous

• I too don't buy the frozen meats, except for the frozen ground turkey (it's only $1.19 a pound and is just as good as the more expensive fresh they sell)! There are many things I buy there ALL the time and only buy there. Their Mild and medium Salsa's are thicker than ANY other brand i've ever tried. I love their Fit N Active Cherries Jubillee Yogurt....there other yogurts aren't very fruity, but i've had full cherries in the cherry one, YUMMY. I LOVE their red pepper hummus, string cheese (better than Kraft IMO), and their Fit N Active ice cream sandwiches are a yummy lower carb/calorie treat. Except for the frozen beef and steaks I'll buy any of the food they have. We do 90% of our grocery shopping there.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• i have only been there ocen with my friends and DONT BUY MEAT OR MILK we brought ham there and cooked it then ate it we all got wvery sick so i skict to shopright and foodtown
    sarahlovesshann

Answer by sarahlovesshann at 5:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2009