Has anyone ever had a heel spur? What did yours feel like? What can you do to relieve the pain?

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 3:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• Here is what I found online:
    rest
    ice
    exercise and stretches
    anti-inflammatory meds
    shoe inserts
    night splints

I wasn't able to rest the area, but I did change what turns and moves I did in my exercise classes. I had physical therapy, too, that helped me get stronger in the area and learn more about stretches, I hadn't even realized I was tight there. I use heel cups now, too. You can get them in the same area as the Dr.Scholl shoe inserts. So I'd say stretch, ice, watch how you move, heel cups. If it gets to be unbearable, then cortisone shots might help. I had to have those, too.

Answer by Bmat at 3:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• YEAH! I have been avoiding going to the Dr but I didnt think about cortisone shots (not that I want a shot) but I bet that would really help!

THANKS! I need to let a Dr look at it.....blaaaa
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My dad has and he got special shoes the ones with the springs on the heel. He said it makes a world of difference. Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 3:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2009