• In the Spotlight:

milk

how can i make me self drink milk everyday? i dont get any milk in my body im always drinking cokes and other kind i dont wanna keep ithat up cuz i dont want anything to go wrong plz no rude comments also im 11 weeks and 3 days

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just think of ur baby ..... all that caffeine is not good for ur baby!! just suck it up and do whats best for ur little one!!!
    Anonymous

• Try having it w/ a bowl of cereal, thats what I do. I don't drink it everyday either. Having caffeine is ok in moderation. Obviously you don't want to drink alot of it. I drank pop w/ my son and he is perfectly healthy. Not that I'm a dr. by any means, but Don't let people scare you about what you should and shouldnt have. Again everying is ok in moderation.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I started eating cereal more often to help with drinking milk. I also drink milk with dinner every night to make sure I get it. I like soda as well, but I always think "is that really whats best for the baby?" and that by itself will make me grab a bottle of water, or juice instead.
    My doctor also said that in order to get the calcium I need that I could buy orange juice with calcium in it.. that might help you as well.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 4:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• another way that I make sure to get milk and calcuim is by making milk shakes. Put some fruit like a banana in it and it gives you something sweet that is pretty good for you. Also I make pudding with milk.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 4:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I had yogurt everyday for lunch, fruit smoothies with milk, and cheese with apples. If I had to have a soda it would be Sprite or root beer. Hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• I've never been a drinker of plain milk. I always add a little chocolate syrup to mine, or some strawberry. Hershey's even has a caramel syrup. No, it's not the healthiest thing in the world, but better than soda, and you are getting milk that way. Also, cereal as other's suggested, and maybe some milk based soups. Make a potato soup with milk.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2009