Old time home remedies

I would like to see if anyone has any old time home remedies. I love to collect them
I would like to pass down to my daughter and grandaughter someday. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• Reminisce and Reminisce Extra magazine's sometimes have old-time remedies that readers send in. Maybe go to the library and see if they have these magazines. They are really popular.
    reimanpublications.com
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• chewing cerlery helps with heartburn and pure vanillia extract helps with toothaches...tastes horrible but it helps.
    Anonymous

• Apple cider vinegar is good for just about everything!
    Dilute and use for eyedrops, eardrops.
    Drink to relieve heartburn
    Gargle to relieve sore throat
    And tons more! You can even give it to animals to help keep them healthy :)
    Check out www.bragg.com
    Anonymous

• My grandmother would put spiderwebs on a cut to stop the bleeding and she once wrapped my foot with a piece of bacon and gauze after I cut it at the bay on an oyster shell. She said it would draw out the poison and keep it from being sore. I was freaked out but the next day it did feel better. Also Epsom salt is a cure all for lots of ailments too. It works great on flowerbeds as well as a fertilizer!
    portercreeksis

Answer by portercreeksis at 5:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• for sore throats I make my kids something they call "snot shots" -gross but true.
    Into a shot glass, I half fill it with honey, top it off with lemon juice, stir it together and warm it in the microwave for about 5 seconds (or less depending on how strong your microwave is)
    then they just toss it back - they don't like tea with lemon and honey, so this is a good quick alternative.

also for head/sinus colds - tomato soup with LOTS of black pepper on top - add crackers if you want. It will totally open up your sinuses.

upset stomach? raspberry tea. Can't sleep? camomile tea.
    Yeah, lot of tea at my house.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• put toothpaste on burns (i actually do this and it works fo me)
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2009