How can i get my 3 year old to use her pottty?

I have tried everything. Nothing seems to get her excited about using the potty! I am getting very frustrated..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter wanted to sit naked on hers when she watched tv. So her potty was in the living room. I have pictures of her when she would put on her bumblebee halloween costume and sit on her potty. She eventually peed in it out of curiosity.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I took my 2 1/2 year old out of pull-ups and put her into real panties, I only put a pull-up on her the first night after doing so and she was completely potty trained in 3 days! She too had no excitement about it and just plain did not want to use it. 3 days though and she wouldn't even consider a pull-up and has not worn one since. Good luck.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My niece didn't seem to have any interest in the potty at that age either. Once she started keeping a calendar with stickers on it she started using it. The goal was a 2 wheeler bike after 100 stickers. In the meantime she was given smaller rewards for things like going away from home, waking up dry, etc. It took a summer, but she got her bike.
    Truth be known, I think she liked earning the stickers more than she likes the bike! :)
    Maybe this will help-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 4:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2009